Sky Sports has signed a one-year deal to broadcast the Extreme E electric off-road racing series and promises fans will see all five X-Prix’s live.
The contest will see electric SUVs racing in five locations that have been detrimentally impacted by climate change and takes place on:
- 20-21 March 2021: Saudi Arabia (Desert X Prix)
- 29-30 May 2021: Senegal (Ocean X Prix)
- 28-29 August 2021: Greenland (Arctic X Prix)
- 23-24 October 2021: Brazil (Amazon X Prix)
- 11-12 December 2021: Argentina (Glacier X Prix)
Rob Webster, Sky Sports Managing Director said: “We are really pleased to add Extreme E to our portfolio of live sport.
“The series not only brings an exciting new racing circuit to the calendar of our motorsport fans, but also carries an important message around climate change.
“At Sky, we believe that our voice and reach can play a vital role in empowering our customers, partners and industry peers to build a better world.”